Buffalo Community Theater Wish List
In order to continue to improve the quality of our productions, we keep a wish list. If you can donate any of these items, or would like to make a cash donation to help us purchase an item, please contact us. BCT is an independent non-profit organization, and all donations are tax deductible.
- Tools: Hand and power tools, including screw guns, a radial arm saw, table saw, jig saw, and mobile tool cabinets for our tools and hardware
- Hardware: Large, quiet heavy-duty casters and swiveling wheels for scenery construction.
- Rehearsal equipment: Portable “boom box”, and an 88-key portable electronic keyboard with programmable tones.
- Costumes: We create many new costumes for each production, as well as maintain a collection of period costumes. If you would like to make a donation, please note the following criteria:
- Fabric is always welcome, four yards minimum, of cotton or easily maintained fabric or specialized fabric such as fur or sparkly material.
- Women’s Costumes: Victorian era clothing, as well as items from the 1920’s to 1960’s. Unusual shoes in sizes 7-11 are sought and lace-up ankle boots are especially needed.
- Men’s Costumes: Vintage suits, tuxedos with or without tails, black boots, and specialty hats like wool felt fedoras, Hamburgs, top hats, newsboy caps.
- Children’s period costumes are always welcome.
- Prop Items: we seek old wind-up phonographs, antique tables, antique telephones, antique settees, antique (disabled) firearms, and large oriental rugs.
- Advertising space: If you are a business-owner, we appreciate the ability to place special larger advertising signs in prominent locations around Buffalo.
- Appliances: we seek several sewing machines in excellent working order, as well as a Serger machine. We seek a backstage plug-in water cooler.
- Building space: BCT has the goal of achieving an audience-friendly independent performance space/stage, with workspace and office space. This is the largest item on the wish list, but BCT would like a home of its own!